Beauty holds a golden mirror to the glowing inner essence. It reflects true self-perception as well as one’s discipline.
Attractiveness indicates a sensitivity to those around us. Just as we care for homes, wash our cars, or trim our lawns to provide a certain eye candy to passers-by, and there are those who keep their bodies in the peak of health to offer delightful icons worthy of emulation.
I believe that beauty is not trivial; it is core to civilized society. Imagine everyone abandoning restraint and shuffling around in tattered clothes, drooping bellies, disheveled hair, blackened fingernails and breath so foul only a mother could love? No one would be happy – except the mouthwash manufacturers. Those who shun beauty as entirely superficial are probably too unaware to reach for a bar of soap or the lawn mower.
But let’s define beauty a little more. Beautiful people are not necessarily supermodels with Greek -god faces and unreal proportions. That is a myth generated by sneaky salesmen of snake oil creams and often dangerous cosmetic implants and injectables.
Beautiful people are normal people who watch their diet, keep their bodies clean, and dress to express their hearts. Speaking of heart, let’s not dismiss the natural glow of someone who is divine or at peace. They maintain an empowered lifestyle, indulge in mind-expanding books, connect with spirit, and engage in varied activity that enriches their awareness.
Beauty, more importantly, is internal. The attractive assert their opinions and fight for convictions. Whether handsome or pretty, bland or plain, the internally beautiful betray an intelligence and burning diligence that reflects their personality. Recall that personality is molded by how we carry ourselves and associate with the world at large.
Finally, beauty is holistic. Magnetic people take effort to be the best all that they can be. They understand that they are fusions of body, soul and spirit. Hence, they build up each facet by honing their talents and passions. They may have ordinary faces but lead extraordinary lives. These exceptional people are the best humanity can offer.
Augmenting beauty simply means caring of the body and the mind. It doesn’t take much effort, just a tad of self-regulation. Here is how to ooze magnetic attraction:
1. Books and periodicals are your best friend. Beef up what’s in your head and rack up more beauty points with your enlightened discussions. Intelligence is attractive.
2. Watch stand-up comedy. You will develop your sense of humor. Wit is a rare and valued commodity.
3. You know the old saying “You are what you eat. This is literal. So, think carefully about your choices, choose clean food, wholefoods, non-GMO and locally sourced.
4. Soap, shampoo and mouthwash are better than all the pheromone sprays, libido enhancers and failed nose lifts. Good hygiene is the honey that attracts the delightful bees. Try to choose cruelty free, environmentally friendly items without chemicals. Vegan clean products are even kinder.
5. Dress to impress- 24/7. You probably had one of those moments. There you were, not prepared for the world. Then you run into your boss or a beautiful stranger. And your mind starts saying undeserving negative things to yourself.
Say this with me: ‘’NEVER AGAIN!” one more time… ‘’NEVER AGAIN!”
Remember, dress to express your heart.
6. Ask and Listen. The most dazzling conversationalists avoid monopolizing conversations. Rather, they ask tons of real questions. And listen for hours on end. Stop and think about that. Isn’t your best friend a great listener?
7. Finally, think about how you want to show up in the world and be remembered. Do you want them to remember your fowl breath or the feeling of not mattering, or the magical words you shared with them and the time you gave their soul the ear it needed.
Here is the funny thing. It takes a matter of seconds for someone to create the idea and image of you (their impression of you). Why waste it?
So, get out there and glow you beautiful soul. You can be attractive without those creams, lotions and surgeons.
Be bold. Choose beauty. Choose you! Your mind and emotions will thank you. xox Jessica